2.08.2010

Sickness, health, and more bad weather


I currently feel like I have been slammed into by a semi truck, had the semi truck reverse, and roll back over my several times. My throat is super swollen to the point it is uncomfortable to be awake let alone swallow, my body aches everywhere, and I have the worst cramps, oh and I burnt my hand yesterday on a crock pot and it's really red and swollen and gross. Yet, I'm at work. BUT after I go to my 10am biology test I am going home to (hopefully) sleep the rest of the day away so I can feel better. I don't really have a reason for sharing all of this other than to whine to more people than my boyfriend, mom, and coworkers.

Anywho, I'm starting a diet of sorts this week. Really it's not so much of a diet as the beginnings of a much healthier lifestyle. I'm (attempting) to cut out sugar and fried foods from my diet. Not all sugars, but unnatural sugars found in all of my favorite things like cupcakes, and frosting, and cookies, and Reese's Cups, and store bought lemonade, and pop. Fried foods shouldn't really be a problem seeing as I don't eat much of them anyway unless it's the occassional french fry or Bdubs trip. BUT did you know that tortilla chips are usually fried?! Maybe this is common knowledge but I really didn't think they were or if I did I just blocked it out of my mind as I chowed down on baskets full at Mexican restraunts. While this idea may be a bit of a challenge I think it will be good for me in the long run. I'm sure I'll cheat a time or to, as I have a really hard time passing up a good cupcake, but as long as it's not a daily thing it will be fine. Later this week or next week I'm going to start going to the gym at school to work out 3-4 times a week and once it gets warmer I hope to have the motivation to start running at the park down the road from my apartment. I don't know if I actually will or not seeing as running is one of my all time least favorite activities. ( I ran the mile in high school in 11 min 32 seconds. Not because I can't run, but because I hate it so much I look for excuses to slow down or stop.) So, we'll see how that dream goes. But, as far as the change in diet and other exercise plans I'm really looking forward to getting myself to a heathier me.

Oh, also, I was really not stoked on seeing this today when I went to check the local weather. Seriously?! A possible 5-9 inches of snow?! Thanks winter, I really don't like you right now. Go away!

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2011 The Katie Chronicles. All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks