11.28.2011

Giving Thanks


I know Thanksgiving has already come and gone, but I think it's still nice to look at everything you are happy for. Even though Thanksgiving comes once a year and we're told it's meant to be a holiday to reflect on what you are the most thankful for, I really try to do it more than once a year even when it's seemingly hard to find anything to be grateful for. So, without further ado I'd like to share a few of the things I am thankful for this year.

I am thankful for...
  • being a living, breathing, functioning person.
  • a roof over my head and and the opportunity to further my education.
  • a puppy that loves to snuggle and is always happy to see me when I get home no matter what.
  • bedtime phone calls no matter how tired the person on the other end is.
  • Ball State friends that I now consider real friends.
  • finding that cooking and baking can be stress releasing.
  • holiday cheer.
  • Olive being born healthy and happy and perfect.
  • Baby Poole still cooking in his mommy's stomach and being a healthy boy.
  • friends who I can go days or even weeks without seeing but nothing changes.
  • life lessons that may not be too pleasant now, but will pay off in the end.
  • a car that works and gets me where I need to be.
  • not having a car accident this year or getting a speeding ticket, both of which I've had the two years in a row previously. (Knock on wood!)
  • professors that are encouraging and want you to succeed.
  • people that hold doors open for you and smile when you say thank you and vice versa.
  • friends that don't try to be anything else other than who they truly are.
  • long, warm, summer days and rainy, cold, fall nights.
  • an encouraging and supportive family.
  • talks about life and the future.
  • the distance between Indiana and Idaho no longer being relevant, and 3 weeks being shorter than 3 months.
  • the want to be creative and crafty which will hopefully lead to the next step of actually being creative and crafty.
  • learning how to live on very little money.
  • 2 year old kiddies who are excited to see you every morning without fail.
  • distance making the heart grow fonder, even if that distance is only an hour and a half.
  • bedtime puppy cuddles.
  • knowing that the future is going to be wonderful.
  • ongoing curiosity.
  • help when help has been needed but hasn't been wanted to be asked for.
  • long walks on campus that help me think.
  • love and encouragement from the places least expected.
  • coffee and Diet Coke.
  • a momma who still loves it every time I come home.
  • a warm bed with the most comfy mattress I've ever slept on.
  • having Joseph by my side for all of the ups and downs and never leaving and vice versa.
  • the lone Nutella snack pack I've ever had in my life.
  • spending so much time with my family over Thanksgiving.
  • so so so much more!
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and continue to have a great next few weeks of holiday fun!


0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2011 The Katie Chronicles. All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks