8.08.2011

On Deciding To Be Happy


I've realized so much lately that life really is what you make it. I've spent so much time in the last few months feeling tired, lonely, miserable, anxious, etc... that I have spent little time actually enjoying much of anything. It's no way to live and it's no way to let yourself feel. A lot of it has to do with things that are beyond my immediate control (i.e. anxiety issues) which then causes me to dwell too long on the negative. This has also left me missing so many positive things and people in my life. This is no way to live. Life is all about perspective and making the most of of everything and I realize that more now than I have.

I really do have a lot of great things and people in my life. I'm lucky enough to have a place of my own that I can call all mine. I am able to go to a school that is one of the best for what I am going for when not everyone has that kind of opprotunity. I have a loving boyfriend who is always sticking by me even when times get tough. I have a wonderful little bunch of friends that I love seeing and talking to. I have a family that supports me in more ways than anyone should be so lucky to experience. I really do have so many things to be thankful for, and I've been ignoring them in lieu of feeling not good enough in other areas.

So now I am choosing to be happy. My life may not be perfect. People may hurt my feelings. I may not always be certain of the path I'm on. But, if I can put a smile on my face and be gracious and thankful for everything and everyone that I do have, life will be so much better and I will feel so much better.

So here's to looking ahead and looking on the bright side. And here's to happiness!

1 comments:

{ Kirsten } at: August 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM said...

Excellent post and attitude. I've been going through a lot of the same stuff and have made great strides to pick myself up as well. I wish you the best of luck!

 

Copyright © 2011 The Katie Chronicles. All Rights reserved
RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger. Design by dzignine based on Minima-White code frameworks